Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tootin' my own horn....

Please forgive me for a moment while I share with you my latest accomplishment in the food world. In the grand scheme of things it's a small accomplishment but in my book....well, I couldn't be more proud!

So what's goin' on you ask? Well, I submitted a recipe to Homemade Gourmet a few months ago that I thought was really great (original recipe that uses two HG mixes in the recipe) and have been waiting and waiting to hear if it made it past their executive chef in the test kitchen. Today I was on the website looking for things to make for dinner this week and decided to peek....and there it was!! Not only did my recipe make it into their recipe database, but they even put my name on it and complimented it (they called it "great") AND I got three, count em, three exclamation points! :)

Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself....

Salmon Burgers with Lemon Dill Spread

In honor of this...I'll be making them Tuesday night. It's been a while since I've had them so they were due for an appearance. Speaking of eating this week...here's what's cooking in my kitchen! It's an all Homemade Gourmet week!

Monday: HG Jalapeno Ole Soup
Tuesday: Salmon Burgers with Lemon Dill Spread (my original HG recipe)
Wednesday: I'm out with some friends, Tom can have leftover Jalapeno Ole Soup!
Thursday: HG Skillet Beef and Cornbread
Friday: Leftovers from Thursday

Oh buddy is it gonna be a good eats week at my house or what?! Jealous? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment