Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Meal planning gone awry...

That's right, we're only on day 3 of our meal plan and we're already off course! Haha! I am learning quickly that flexibility must be taken into account as we were offered some great tickets to the St. Louis Cardinal's game for this evening! (Thanks Mom and Dad!) I love Cardinal's baseball almost as much as I love cooking. :) AND it means I can get ballpark nachos...yumm!



Even beyond the baseball game tonight, I realized that even more thought needs to go into the types of meals and portions that each one makes. Most recipes can be easily scaled down to feed just Tom and me with little or no leftovers but the meals I made Monday and Tuesday both produced a ridiculous amount of leftovers that I'm just not sure what to do with! We're slowly making a dent by taking them to work for lunch but I worry that I may have overdone it a bit. Next time, I'll try to plan only one meal to have massive amounts of leftovers!



What does this all mean for my meal plan? Well, it means that the Sauerbraten is going to be pushed off a few days, which is actually a good thing! I won't go into too much detail right now (I'll add a post all about it once we eat it) but Sauerbraten is best when allowed to marinate for at least 3 days and mine has only been marinating since Monday evening. You can read a little more about Sauerbraten on wikipedia if you'd like to get your mouth watering for more to come later this week!



In the meantime, I'm just beginning to think about next week's menu...any suggestions???

No comments:

Post a Comment