Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lovin' every minute of it....

....lovin' every minute of it!

"It" being meal planning!! I feel like my life is so much simpler, well, at least in regards to the dreaded "What's for dinner?" question, now that I meal plan. And now that the deck is finally finished we can put grilling back in the rotation! (That's right folks...we finally finished building our own deck!) The scent of burgers, brats, steaks, chicken, ribs, and pork cooking on our neighbors' grills has tortured us for some 4-5 weeks now as we have worked diligently on our deck every evening. Now we get to return the favor...you better believe I have some grilling worked into this week's menu!

Monday: burgers, grilled mixed veggies tossed with evoo and pepper
Tuesday: HG Southwest chicken, spanish rice, leftover grilled veggies
Wednesday: Pan seared scallops with Tarragon White Wine Sauce served over angel hair pasta, broccoli
Thursday: Sirloin steaks, baked potato, corn on the cob
Friday: Either leftovers (if there are any) or we'll eat out!

I'm already hungry....how bout you?

And I have to admit I cheated and looked up the Schnucks ad online to see what was for sale this past week to help with the planning...that's where the scallops (10 pkgs. for $10) came from. I'll also be stocking up on cake mixes for class while I'm there since they are on sale 10 for $10 as well!

1 comment:

  1. That's not cheating, that's how meal planning is supposed to be done when done well so you spend less money!

    That scallop recipe looks good and super simple, too bad my boyfriend is allergic to shellfish, I always have to end up getting my scallop fix at restaurants.

    ReplyDelete