Thursday, August 5, 2010

Joy of Baking Pound Cake

Ah the Joy of Baking...literally.  How I love to turn your (digital) pages and know that every recipe in you is sure to be delicious.  *sigh*  No wonder, then, that I turned to them when I needed to whip up a pound cake to pour all that compote over (see yesterday's post)!  Now Joy of Baking strays from the traditional 1:1:1:1 ratio of flour, sugar, eggs, and butter (1 pound of each...how pound cake got its name) but the product is absolutely divine.  Still uses all four original ingredients but with a splash of milk, some vanilla, baking powder, salt, and a lot of love (gag gag...sorry...couldn't help myself).

Joy of Baking Pound Cake

This recipe beats the store bought kind hands down (sorry Sara Lee) and my husband looks forward to the next time I decide to make one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment