Monday, August 23, 2010

Peaches Come From a Can...

...they were put there by a man, in a factory downtown. (Thank you POTUSA)

Been promising to share more peach recipes so even though it's not peach week anymore (remember it's just like shark week only...nevermind...that's getting old) I have a couple more to share so I hope you're ready for them!  I promise to make it quick. :)  Lucky for you, this one even has pictures with it!  (Just another little something to make sure your mouth is watering!)

I found this recipe for peach pie on http://www.suite101.com/.  It's a new website to me but after tasting the results of this pie (it was so good I made another one the following week) I will definitely be back for more.

Peach Pie Recipe with Fresh Peaches (by suite101.com)

First, let me be honest and say I skipped making my own crust...again.  One of these days I'll do it but lately I've just been in one of those moods to speed things up so I grabbed a couple Schnucks brand refrigerated crusts that you roll out into your pie pan and are ready to go.  Fantastic folks.

Oh yes, I promised pictures...here goes!

So first you mix together sliced peaches, flour, sugar, cinnamon (or nutmeg...or both!) and some lemon juice.  I could probably eat it just like this.  Maybe not....

Then spoon it into the crust, toss another crust on top, and use a fork to seal the two crusts together, just like this!

Then you can trim off the excess with a sharp knife.  Do you have any idea how hard it was to get this shot?  Major balancing act.  Next time, I use the tripod and the timer function on the camera...sheesh.

Almost ready for the oven...

But first you have to baste it with a little milk.  I used skim cause that's what I have at my house.  Any would be fine.

Then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top and cut some vents in the tip crust.

Pop it in the oven and VOILA it magivally changes into a different pie pan!  LOL...no really, this was the second one I made (told you I made two) just so I could show off my new pie pan. :)  Isn't it purdy?

Oh buddy.

Don't mind if I do...

Hope you enjoy this one as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment