Monday, August 2, 2010

More "inspired" picnic food

So last week I wrote a post about some delicious Pesto Chicken Wraps...remember those bad boys?  Yep.  I thought so.  Well on that same "inspired picnics" link, #91 (on page 5) caught my eye.  For the record--I was never a fan of pasta salad until recent years.  Even more important to note is that I have only ever made pasta salad from a mix or bought it at the deli counter at my local Schnuck's because their Taco Pasta Salad is amazing.  Lastly, I now whole-heartedly disagree with the writer's statement that pasta salads are no good.  Boo on that.  Yes, some pasta salads are no good.  No, pasta salads in general are not no good (whoa too many negatives).  I supposed everyone is entitled to their opinion but come on...you just made pasta salad, don't try to call it something else because you like to stick your nose up at pasta salad...I digress (again!!!) 

So I took his lead and whipped up a simple pasta salad, yes, it's a PASTA SALAD!!  Simple being the keyword here...anyone can do this and adjust anything to their own taste.  It's totally up to you!

Easy Pasta Salad

10 oz. rotini pasta, cooked, rinsed in cold water, and drained
12 grape tomatoes (b/c grape tomatoes are cheaper than cherry tomatoes...go figure) quartered and seeded
4 oz. cubed mozzerella (small cubes...think half of bite-sized or smaller)
1-4oz. can sliced black olives, drained
2 Tbls. EVOO (if it looks dry, add a little more)
salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients in a bowl, stir to combine and chill until ready to serve.  So easy, makes you wanna slap yo mama! (Anyone else ever heard that commercial on the radio?  It makes me crazy but gets stuck in my head all the time.  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?)

Like I said before, you can pretty much put anything you like/have in this pasta salad and can't go wrong.  Ok, so maybe not that jar of peanut butter that's in your pantry...then you would be going seriously wrong...seriously!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment