Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Brownie in a Mug

Cue the Homer Simpson food song...(I admit it's a bit strange)

A coworker and friend of mine shared this recipe with me last week (I tried it that night...mmmm) and I'm not sure why it took me this long to share it with all of you.  I had this tasty treat topped with ice cream at The Fountain on Locust (major yummy spot if you're looking for a great lunch) back in December but wasn't sure how to duplicate it at home.  Turns out it's really quite simple...sweet.

Brownie in a Mug

4 Tbls. flour
4 Tbls. sugar
2 Tbls. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbls. vegetable oil
2 Tbls. water
1/2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
chocolate chips (just a few...or not)

Place dry ingredients in the bottom of a mug, stir.  Add all other ingredients and mix well.  Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes (just depends on your microwave).  Top with ice cream if you'd like and enjoy!

I plugged this recipe into one of my calorie counting apps which estimated it to be around 500+ calories (without adding ice cream).  This was a little hard for me to swallow (no pun intended) so I cut the recipe in half, which was very easy to do, and enjoyed a smaller version of this delicious snack.  Either way you go, you're sure to be a very happy camper.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment