Monday, March 29, 2010

Healthy Doesn't Have to Be Boring

...or bland, or gag-inducing, nor does it have to leave you hungry!

I discovered Kalyn's Kitchen months ago when some family members were on the South Beach Diet and I was looking for a side dish to bring to my parents' for dinner.  I found a Spicy Sweet Potato Fries recipe that I made...boy were they spicy (and yummy!)  I added her blog to my Google Reader and told my mom where I had gotten the recipe, then all but forgot about it. 

Fast forward a few months to January when my mom brought the Healthy Hummus to CID's Trivia Night and my mother-in-law asked my mom for the recipe.  Lucky for me, my mom decided to share the hummus recipe AND this tasty main course that she found on Kalyn's Kitchen that had quickly become a favorite in her house:  Pork Chops with Balsamic Glaze.  Whether or not you are a fan of balsamic (I didn't think I was...) I would HIGHLY recommend trying this.  It cooks up super fast so it's perfect for a weeknight or when you're having guests over and don't want to spend the entire evening in the kitchen. 

Serve it up with two or more of the following:  steamed broccoli or cauliflower, roasted sweet potatoes with rosemary, a salad with light dressing, or "grilled" (in a grill pan) mixed veggies and you have one heck of a healthy and delicious meal! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention of my recipes; always happy to hear people are enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete