Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo!

I love me some Mexican food so naturally I love me some Cinco de Mayo.  I've tried out Hacienda on this momentous occasion but it has proven to be way too crowded for me...and I'm sure they had a heck of a day today with the weather as gorgeous as it was. 

Instead, we stayed in tonight and made quesadillas with Homemade Gourmet's Black Bean Salsa.  Oh yum yum yum...I bet if you found another really good black bean salsa (or other chunky salsa) you could make these like that.  All you have to do is slap some Mexican cheese blend, a few heaping spoonfuls of salsa and some grilled chicken (or not) between two tortillas and there ya go.  You can make it work in a frying pan but if you have a quesadilla maker like I do it's even better. Give it a try next time you've got a hankering for some quesadillas...I promsie you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment