Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day wishes to all the mothers out there, especially those in my family!  Love you!

I chose something I could prepare ahead of time for the Mother's Day extravaganza at my house this year so I can enjoy the quality time with my favorite mothers. :)  Here's what we'll be eating tonight!

Baked Ziti from the Food Network Kitchens

A couple of tips/changes made...

I used 28 oz. cans of diced tomatoes in tomato juice (instead of having to chop whole tomatoes in puree) and added a 6 oz. can of tomato paste to help thicken the sauce up.  I also made two trays of the ziti (one with regular pasta and one with whole wheat pasta) which meant I doubled the sauce recipe.  Let me tell you...3 1/2 cups of sauce would not have been enough.  I used the full 5 cups that the recipe makes in each tray of ziti and after looking at it, I probably could have made some more.  I'll have to remember that next time. 

I cannot wait to eat this...my house smelled like it all day yesterday and I'm gearing up for smelling it again in a few hours when I pop them in the oven.  Can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment