Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sloppy Joes...Slop, Sloppy Joes

Time for some serious comfort food, folks.  I saw the Pioneer Woman's recent post about sloppy joes and it inspired me to create a combo recipe between her amazing one and the items available to me in my fridge and pantry.  First, allow me to be totally honest...had I had everything in my pantry to make it Ree's way, I totally would have.  So here's how it went...

Extra Sloppy Sloppy Joes

1 lb. extra lean ground beef
4 oz. diced green chilies
minced garlic
chopped onion
3/4 c. ketchup
1/4 c. chili sauce
1 Tbls. chili powder
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/3 c. water
2 shakes worstershire sauce
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 Tbls. brown sugar

Super easy folks...brown the meat, add the rest, simmer and devour. 

Does it get any better than that on the fourth night of Blogathon 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment