Sunday, May 16, 2010

Enchiladas...Step by Step

I promised I'd give you a step-by-step tutorial for these bad boys and I'm a lady of my word.  Enjoy!
So here goes...garlic, green onions, and butter simmering away.  Piece of cake, no?
Then you add your tomato sauce (remember to use 2 cans!), spices, salt, and sugar...ah yes, and the chiles.
Fifteen minutes of simmering will make quite a mess if you don't have a splatter guard ready to go.
Mmmmm...cheese.  Hard not to eat straight out of the bowl.  Save it for the enchiladas!  It will be worth it, trust me on this one, k?
Next, dip your tortillas in the sauce.  Careful, you have to work fast cause it's hot, hot, hot!
Flip it over and dip the other side too.  Anybody else's mouths watering yet?  I thought so.

Oops...I forgot to take a picture of mixing the chicken and sour cream.  Use your imagination...put the chicken in a bowl and mix in about 4 oz. of sour cream.  Stir with a spoon.  You get the idea.
Then you can put some chicken down the center of your tortilla (it's actually easier to roll if you put it closer to one side or the other.)
Then add the cheese...feel free to be generous.  I've never had a dish where more cheese was a bad thing and this is definitely not the exception to the rule!
Line em up in a pan...I squeezed 10 into my 9x13 pan.
Mix remaining sour cream with remaining sauce (I ended up only using 8 oz. of sour cream total...4 oz. mixed with the chicken and 4 oz. in the sauce.)  Pour sauce over enchiladas in the pan.
More cheese!  See...told you more cheese is always good!  Then 30-45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

I really hope that if you are an enchilada lover you will try this recipe.  It is by far my favorite...I would probably eat them every week if I could.  Yumm!  I'd love to hear how they turn out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment