Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Never Pokey Gnocchi

So last night I had a dinner dilemma (aka...I forgot to thaw anything...oops).  I had had a similar problem the night before but was able to redeem myself with the last batch of the Italian Tortellini Soup in the freezer.  Instant dinner.  Glorious.  However, my freezer is now lacking in the "instant dinner" department.  In fact, it's just plain lacking in general.  Schnucks trip anyone? 

Where was I?  Ah yes...so dinner.  Well I at least had enough sense to buy a jar of Schnucks Chunky Garden Pasta Sauce the last time I was at the store so I figured a little pasta with marinara was in order.  Until I opened the cabinet that hold the pasta and realized I had a package of fresh potato gnocchi!  I've never made gnocchi before but the package recipe said to just top with sauce and parmesan cheese...done and done.  Now you know me, of course I had to doctor up the sauce a bit with some Italian seasonings, but after letting that simmer on the stove for a few minutes and popping some rolls in the oven, the gnocchi only took about 3 minutes in a pot of boiling water to be ready!  How cool is that?  Top with sauce and parm and serve.  No dinner to dinner in less than 10 minutes.  Gotta love a meal like that! 

Now I'm on the hunt for more gnocchi recipes...I have a feeling this is gonna be good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment